Friday, October 31, 2014
8:00 am-5:00 pm
Vaughan Estate of Sunnybrook
The Richard K. Reznick Wilson Centre Research Day will highlight research in healthcare education and practice conducted by Faculty and students affiliated with the Wilson Centre.
All members of the Wilson Centre and graduate students who are directing (as PI or Co-I) an independent research project affiliated with the Wilson Centre are invited to attend and participate in the program.
This year our Keynote is Nate Kornell, Ph.D. Williams College, Department of Psychology, Williamstown, MA
• Podium presentation sessions: 10-minute presentations followed by a 5-minute discussion.
• Panel sessions will be 1.5 hr long, with a minimum of 3 presenters per session.
• Poster sessions: Poster should be 6 feet width x 3 feet in height.
Poster presenters are required to submit with the abstract a 140-character ‘tweet’ describing the poster – Please DO NOT use poster title or author name(s). Tweet should be creative and be able to attract audience attention to the poster. During the poster session, audience members will be invited to match the ‘tweets’ to the correct poster for a prize. All posters are eligible for the ‘best poster award’.
Abstracts submission deadline: June 30, 2014
Call for Abstracts
The organizers invite research abstracts related to healthcare education and practice. We welcome presentations from different methodological perspectives (qualitative, quantitative, mixed methods, etc). Please indicate whether your submission is to be considered for a podium or poster presentation. For podium presentations, we welcome individual and panel submissions. Panel submissions must include a minimum of 3 presenters with an abstract for each presentation. A brief note about the proposed format for the panel sessions should be included with the submission.
The maximum length of the abstract is 250 words. Electronic submission only email@example.com
• The “best poster” award is open to ALL presenters and will be judged at Research Day.
• The Richard K. Reznick “best paper” award is open ONLY to Wilson Centre Fellows (a graduate student who is directing as PI or Co-I an independent research project affiliated with the Wilson Centre) and requires pre-submission of a research paper.
April 1, 2014 1st day for Submission of Abstracts
June 30, 2014 Last Day for Submission of Abstracts
August 25, 2014 Notification of Acceptance
September 22, 2014 Submission of papers for Reznick Best Paper Award
October 31, 2014 Date of Event
Information contact: Mariana Arteaga, 416-340-3646 firstname.lastname@example.org